Jesus taught that our lives are the overflow of our hearts. Our beliefs about Jesus, scripture, life … they effect everything. Here you’ll find our heartbeat—our reason, rhythms, and core truths.
ALETHEIA EXISTS TO BRING THE TRUTH, GRACE, AND CHANGING POWER OF THE GOSPEL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD AND THE GOOD OF ALL PEOPLE.
We’re here for a reason. Church isn’t a social club. It’s not a gathering of the good people. It’s not a service organization. Our church exists for Jesus and others. This reason informs everything we do, from kids ministry to preaching, mercy ministry to missions.
The goal of our existence is the enjoyment and expansion of the gospel—the good news that our great God looked at fallen humanity with compassion, sent his Son Jesus to live for us, die in our place, and victoriously rise overcoming the cosmic separation between God and us. Trusting in this good news brings us into abundant life with God now and eternal life with him forever. When we expand and enjoy the Gospel, God is glorified and we are satisfied.
TO FULFILL OUR REASON FOR EXISTING WE MUST LIVE IN GOSPEL RHYTHM—HONORING GOD AND MAKING DISCIPLES.
The church is like a heart. If a heart only brought blood to itself, the body would die. And, if the heart only pumped blood out, the body would likewise die. A heart must pump blood out and in for the body to remain alive. Similarly, the church must constantly come to the gospel for life, and then be sent out with it, to remain alive. Jesus made us to live in a rhythm. He told us to love God and our neighbor. We’re commanded to go make disciples and be relationally connected to Jesus. So around here, we’re going to live out this rhythm of drawing near to God in worship, prayer, and the scriptures, and going into a hurting and lost world with the truth, grace, and changing power of the Gospel.
Aletheia is a church in the historic, orthodox, tradition of the reformation. We love the great doctrines of our faith, teach them passionately, celebrate them worshipfully, and do our best to live them gracefully. These deep convictions include the following:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of death.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We also affirm the historic creeds of our faith, including the Apostle’s Creed, the Athanasian Creed, and the Nicene Creed. If you’ve got a particular doctrinal question, you’re more than welcome to contact us and we’ll do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Aletheia has some strategic connections that impact who we are and allow us to bring the gospel to our city with greater effectiveness, clarity, and vibrance than if we were simply a lone-ranger church. We love and celebrate these ties.
Every Nation is an international network of churches and ministries which exists to plant Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered, socially-responsible churches and ministries in every nation. For more information on Every Nation, feel free to visit the website.
The Gospel Coalition is a fellowship of evangelical churches deeply committed to renewing our faith in the gospel of Christ and to reforming our ministry practices to conform fully to the Scriptures. This network spans denominations, nations, and languages, all uniting around the Gospel of Jesus, and is dedicated to seeing that great story fully shape our churches.