Jesus taught that our lives are the overflow of our hearts. Our beliefs about Jesus, scripture, life … they effect everything. Here you’ll find our heartbeat—our mission, our methods, values, and core truths.
ALETHEIA EXISTS TO MAKE DISCIPLES WHO BRING THE TRUTH, GRACE, AND CHANGING POWER OF THE GOSPEL FOR THE GLORY OF GOD AND THE GOOD OF ALL PEOPLE.
We’re here for a reason. Church isn’t a social club. It’s not a gathering of the good people. It’s not a service organization. Our church exists for Jesus and others. This reason informs everything we do, from kids ministry to preaching, mercy ministry to missions.
The goal of our existence is the enjoyment and expansion of the gospel—the good news that our great God looked at fallen humanity with compassion, sent his Son Jesus to live for us, die in our place, and victoriously rise overcoming the cosmic separation between God and us. Trusting in this good news brings us into abundant life with God now and eternal life with him forever. When we expand and enjoy the Gospel, God is glorified and we are satisfied.
WE HAVE A VISION TO SEE GOD DO SOMETHING AMAZING IN OUR MIDST.
- Disciples of Jesus being made of every race, class, color, creed, and generation.
- Men and women established in the Word of God, shaped by a biblical worldview, raising great families, filled with the gifts and fruit of the Holy Spirit.
- A culture of equipping and empowering others to make disciples, eager to give leadership to the next generation.
- New churches and campus ministries flourishing in every major city and town in New England.
Spirit-saturated diversity that embodies true biblical justice and reconciliation and looks like a preview of Heaven.
- Disciples of Jesus who love the glory of God more than anything in this world, ready to follow God anywhere, at any time, no matter the cost.
- A culture shifting around us toward the culture of the Kingdom of God through the work of making disciples who bring the truth, grace, and changing power of the gospel.
WE MAKE DISCIPLES BY ENGAGING OUR COMMUNITY WITH THE GOSPEL, ESTABLISHING THEM IN FAITH, THE CHURCH, AND SPIRITUAL DISCIPLINES, EQUIPPING THEM WITH MINISTRY SKILLS, AND EMPOWERING THEM TO GO MAKE DISCIPLES.
Our strategy is pretty simple. We call it the 4E's — Engage, Establish, Equip, and Empower. Jesus told us to go make disciples, and having a clear process is part of how we take his words seriously.
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations... - Jesus
Aletheia is a church in the historic, orthodox, tradition of the Reformation. We love the great doctrines of our faith, teach them passionately, celebrate them worshipfully, and do our best to live them gracefully. These deep convictions include the following:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one eternal, almighty and perfect God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of humanity, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of death.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We also affirm the historic creeds of our faith, including the Apostle’s Creed, the Athanasian Creed, and the Nicene Creed. If you’ve got a particular doctrinal question, you’re more than welcome to contact us and we’ll do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Aletheia has some strategic connections that impact who we are and allow us to bring the gospel to our city with greater effectiveness, clarity, and vibrance than if we were simply a lone-ranger church. We love and celebrate these ties.
Every Nation is an international network of churches and ministries which exists to plant Christ-centered, Spirit-empowered, socially-responsible churches and ministries in every nation. For more information on Every Nation, feel free to visit the website.
The Gospel Coalition is a fellowship of evangelical churches deeply committed to renewing our faith in the gospel of Christ and to reforming our ministry practices to conform fully to the Scriptures. This network spans denominations, nations, and languages, all uniting around the Gospel of Jesus, and is dedicated to seeing that great story fully shape our churches.